The Audacity open source cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing has been updated to version 2.2.0.
The update includes new interface themes, MIDI playback, and many other improvements and bug fixes.
Changes in Audacity 2.2.0
- Four supplied user interface themes, and customizability of themes for advanced users (thanks to James Crook and the Dark Audacity project).
- Playback of MIDI files (fully automatic on Windows; requires cooperating software synthesizer programs on macOs or Linux; special thanks to Audacity co-founder Roger Dannenberg and new contributor “pokechu22”).
- Better organized menus (James).
- Help link buttons in many dialogs lead to the relevant manual pages (James Crook and Steve Daulton).
- Thorough update of the manual with new images, more hover texts, and more cross-references.
- 198 bugs/annoyances in 2.1.3 fixed, most importantly:
- Improved recovery from full file system errors; in case of recording, Audacity 2.2.0 will preserve as much of the recorded data as possible.
- Complete support for macOS 10.12 (Sierra) correcting the problems that were in 2.1.3.
Check the release notes for more details. Audacity is available for download for Windows, Mac and Linux.
More information: Audacity