Audio Damage has announced that its Replicant 2 buffer-rearranger effect is now available for iOS AUv3.
One of the original buffer effects, and still one of the best, Replicant is essentially a randomized looper/buffer reverse, with a randomized stutter effect inside the loop.
From a simple delay or panning effect, on up to massive random “instant Autechre” beat mangling, Replicant is a capable plugin well in line with today’s electronic music styles. Stuttering buffers and filter drops are easy to program, and the comprehensive randomization features give it a mind of its own, if so desired.
If you’re looking to add some chance to your production, you’ve come to the right place!
Replicant 2 features
- Tempo-based delay and looping effects, from 1/128th note to an entire measure.
- Stutter adds further subdivisions, down to a 1/16384th note (otherwise known as a “tone”.)
- Seven independant randomization controls, for subtle changes or extreme aleatoric madness, including a global randomize button.
- Our unique “Hold” feature, to store a random sequence you like.
- Resonant low-pass and high-pass filters that change over time.
- Pan position that changes over time.
- Two separate direction modes, for entire events or individual repeats, with randomization.
- Front panel triggering of loop events for live playing of effects.
Replicant 2 for iOS is available for $4.99 USD. It requires a host that provides transport information.