eXtream Software Development has released a major update to its Audio Evolution Mobile Studio DAW for Android.
Version 5.0 brings the Evolution One virtual analog synthesizer, a redesigned effects section, compressor sidechain, tempo and time signature change, a new user interface for easier editing, Vocal Tune PRO, Toneboosters V4 Barricade, EQ, ReelBus and Reverb, and more.
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio features a virtual analog synthesizer ‘Evolution One’ based on the very popular Synth One from AudioKit! Featuring morphing oscillators, FM, Sub Osc, Noise, Portamento, 2 LFO’s that can be routed to 12 targets, Moog type filtering, effects, ARP, sequencer and more.
Presets are compatible with Synth One and it comes with licensed presets from Electronisounds and Red Sky Lullaby, giving a large number of presets to play with. Because Synth One is very CPU hungry, a lot of optimisations were performed to have it run decently on Android in a DAW environment, but a fast/recent Android device is still recommended. There is also an option to play in a lower quality mode, but when freezing a track or performing mix-down, the high quality setting is always used.
Changes in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5
- Virtual analog synthesizer ‘Evolution One’ based on the popular Synth One from AudioKit. Featuring morphing oscillators, FM, Sub Osc, Noise, Portamento, 2 LFOs that can be routed to 12 targets, Moog type filtering, effects, Arp, sequencer and more.
- An effects grid where an unlimited number of effects can be placed on. The second row of the grid can be used to create parallel effect paths. Effects can be re-ordered on the grid, including the volume, EQ and FX Send blocks.
- Modifiers like LFO and ‘Lock to tempo’ can be added to an effect parameter or instrument ADSR control.
- The Compressor and ToneBoosters Compressor now feature side-chain.
- Tempo and time signature change: add tempo markers for tempo and time signature changes in the project. Tempo change can also be made gradually between tempo markers.
- The arranger/timeline screen now features a new user interface: editing of clips can now be done faster without a scroll/edit mode.
- Added Vocal Tune Pro effect, a much higher quality pitch correction effect for vocals than the original Vocal Tune. Features the ability to add artificial vibrato and displays pitch deviation.
- Added Toneboosters Barricade V4, EQ V4, ReelBus V4 and Reverb V4 effects (in-app purchase required).
- Added real-time pitch shifter effect.
- Added sending of MIDI clock sync and song position pointer to synchronize external MIDI equipment.
- Improved time stretching algorithm.
The app is available from Google Play for 8.99 USD/EUR. Some features require an in-app purchase.
More information: eXtream Software Development