Audio Modeling has announced an update to its SWAM Solo Brass physically modeled brass instruments.
Version 1.5.0 comes with important sound engine improvements on behavioral aspects and timbre characteristics. It includes new features, usability improvements and bug fixes.
Our convenient bundle includes SWAM Trumpets, SWAM Trombones and SWAM Horns and Tubas, all developed by Audio Modeling using a combination of innovative performance techniques and concepts of Physical and Behavioral Modeling.
What you get are the most expressive, realistic virtual solo brass on the market. These real-time controllable virtual instruments offer, via MIDI controllers, the same natural reactions as real brass.
Changes in SWAM Solo Brass v1.5.0
- NKS presets and samples.
- Virtual MIDI input port for Standalone App (macOS).
- “Breath Ctrl Hi-Res Threshold”.
- Velocity to MIDI mapping entries.
- “Reset All Controller” MIDI message is now supported.
- Handy main menu popup.
- New “resize” popup window.
- New header for External Controller Mapping.
- Improved MIDI Remapping Curve with real-time monitoring of current values.
- macOS compatibility (from 10.9 – Mavericks), improved timbre and sound behaviour and refined tuning, especially on the lower-range instruments.
- Improved: CPU performance.
- Improved: Preset management.
- Improved: Display messages: Half Valve.
- Improved: Breath Controller Mode: lower threshold for note-on.
- Improved: MPE profile compatibility.
- Improved: UX and graphic components.
- Improved: Reduced required disk space.
- Fixed: Pitch detuned when using Growl with Expression = 0.
- Fixed: MPE MIDI profile: pitch-bend not working after a retriggered note.
- Fixed: Active Output Channels cannot be selected for Standalone App.
- Fixed: Microtuning: erratic values.
- Fixed: Vibrato Fade-In values are not in milliseconds.
- Fixed: Velocity of retriggered notes and notes generated by Breath Controller Mode is not displayed correctly.
- Fixed: Hi-Resolution CC not working as expected.
- Fixed: Expression does not “unlock” the instrument when Expression is mapped to NRPN.
- Fixed: Any change to each parameter is registered by undo manager.
- Fixed: MIDI remapping curve knobs and presets in portrait mode not displayed correctly.
- Fixed: Small graphical issues, especially in portrait mode.
- Fixed: Selection of previous/next preset with the same preset name stuck on the first found.
- Fixed: Import of presets with the same name not working as expected.
SWAM Solo Brass for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for 600 USD/EUR. The individual libraries (Trumpets, Trombones, and Horns and Tubas) are also sold separately for 250 USD/EUR each.
More information: Audio Modeling