This is the first major update for the plugin comparison tool Contra and brings major changes to the scanning process which has cut scanning times and prevents crashes. Another big change has been the fixing of the output of the plugin’s level to -25dB RMS, this is to standardise the output and help with gain staging across the mix.
This allows users of the full paid version to make accurate comparisons over different tracks, allowing kick and bass compressors to be compared against each other to fine tune your mixing workflow even further.
Changes in Contra v1.1
- Fixed 3000* error in AAX windows version.
- Added wildcard filter to plugin scan.
- Added dialogue window to select plugin folders (Windows).
- Fixed default plugin location to scan (OSX).
- Added sub-menu structure sort by manufacturer.
- Set comparison audio level to -25db RMS to prevent over spikes in comparison algorithm.
Contra for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 45 EUR. Contra Free allows you to compare up to 3 different plugins (8 in paid version) with audition lengths up to 2 bars (32 in paid version).
More information: Audio Vitamins