AudioKit has announced the availability of a new iPhone/iPad app that aims to create a vintage and nostalgic emotional sound. Retro Piano lets you create your own signature retro, lo-fi, or vintage piano sound.
This is the second in a series of 10 limited edition apps, following the recent Bass 808 Synth.
Hope you are healthy and safe. The past weeks were difficult for all of us. Like you, we watched what was unfolding around the world. Here in the United States, senseless killings and decades of racism has resulted in feelings of sadness, outrage, and fear.
Music is one thing that has the power to unite us all. We wanted to do something for musicians (and would-be musicians) to make the summer a little brighter.
We’re releasing a completely free iPhone/iPad app for the entire summer of 2020. This is a limited edition app that will only be available to download in June, July, August this year. Something special for everyone living, believing, and making music through these hard times. Something special for you.
Retro Piano features
- Standalone app & AUv3 Plug-in.
- Vinyl Record warble speed & depth.
- The entire app is under 70mb on most devices.
- Multiple velocities: Use an external MIDI piano keyboard for expressive sounds.
- 40+ Original Vinyl Noise samples.
- Crush, Distortion, and special sauce.
- Tremolo, Reverb, and other cool FX.
- NEW powerful AUv3 code. Works great as an AU plugin in GarageBand, Cubasis 3, BM3, NS2, AUM, Auria Pro, and more.
The app is a free download through August 31st, 2020. It will remain free for life for those who download it.
The third release in the limited edition series is a collaboration with Coda Labs. AudioTune features a brand new pitch correction algorithm by Daniel Kuntz.
The app lets you make vocals and instruments sound more in tune, or add creative robotic tuning effects in real-time with nearly zero latency.
- Effortlessly tune audio, automatically.
- Take it on the go for your iPhone or iPad.
- Perfect for live performances, songwriting, music production, vocal training, practice, and more.
- Record your creations and ideas without leaving the app.
- Create your own scales.
- Play the onboard keys to manipulate your voice in realtime.
- Use the app as a plugin in your favorite iOS DAW: GarageBand, BeatMaker 3, Cubasis 3, AUM, NS2, and more.
- AUv3 plugin allows you to MIDI manipulate your voice.
- Export your creations and share with your friends and collaborators.
The AudioTune app is available from the App Store for $2.99 USD.
More information: AudioKit