Audiomodern has announced an update to the Playbeat 2 creative groove randomizer plugin that generates beats and patterns for you.
Version 2.1 now allows you to create and save custom ‘Kits’ and trigger drum machines through combined MIDI output.
Unlike an ordinary step sequencer, Playbeat creates patterns using algorithmic and random procedures for generating notes by combining Steps, Pitch, Volume and more.
Changes in Playbeat v2.1
- Create, Save & Load Custom Kits.
- Combined MIDI Output.
- New Density Feature (Randomizable).
- New Pan Feature (Randomizable).
- New Sequencer length selector (16/32 Steps).
- New factory sounds from AES Dana, Arovane and more.
- Save/Export/Share MIDI file.
- Solo/Mute works for MIDI output.
- Updated fully resizable UI.
- Various Performance Improvements.
Playbeat 2 is available for purchase for 49 EUR. The iOS version is $6.99 USD. The update is free to owners of Playbeat 2.
Audiomodern has also announced a new sample pack titled Chroma New Age & Cinematic Vocals.
‘CHROMA’ is an atmospheric selection of Cinema -ready Vocal Phrases, Chants and Spoken Words that are sure to bring a unique dreamy vibe to your cinematic productions.
These vocals have been recorded with the utmost care and attention using the greatest mics, hardware and outboard gear. The result is a collection of lead and backing vocals that can be used to your Cinematic and Film Scoring Sessions.
The sample pack costs 18 EUR.
More information: Audiomodern