AudioThing has announced miniBit, an upcoming a 8-bit/chiptune style synthesizer plug-in that emulates the sound of 80s game consoles and retrocomputers.
It features a main oscillator with 10 waveforms paired with a sub oscillator (a square wave pitched one octave below).
The waveforms are not bandlimited and will produce aliasing. Furthermore, using the built-in bitcrusher, you can create even more noisy and retro sounds.
more info coming soon…
- 10 Waveforms.
- Sub Oscillator.
- Poly and Mono mode with Glide.
- 2-poles Low Pass Filter.
- Delay and BitCrusher effects.
- LFO with multiple destinations.
- Preset system with randomizer.
- Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit).
- Platforms: OSX, Windows.
On December 25th, 2014, AudioThing will give away 30 copies of miniBit for free to random subscribers of its newsletter.