AudioThing has released a plug-in version of the Pipes sound library previously released in Kontakt format.
Pipes is a collection of instruments derived from a variety of cardboard tubes, aluminum spray cans, dreamcatchers, and PVC pipes. Even if the pitch of most of the sources is not stable, all instruments were manually tuned.
Each instrument features from 3 to 6 Round Robin samples and up to 3 velocity layers. One of the main instruments is a sampled Wah Wah Tube (aka Vibratone): bell-like sound with a very long release and a dedicated control for overtones.
- 34 Instruments.
- Up to 6 Round Robin samples.
- Up to 3 Velocity layers.
- 188 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Size Mac: 215 MB / PC: 128 MB.
- Formats: AU and VST (32/64-bit).
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
- Sample sets including: beer cans, cardboards, corrugated pipes, dreamcatchers, long PVC pipe, spray cans, vibratone.
The Pipes virtual instrument is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 10 EUR until November 27th, 2013 (regular 12 EUR).