AudioThing has announced an update to the Hats drum synthesizer plugin dedicated to hi-hats and cymbals sounds.
Version 1.5.1 includes various additions and improvements.
It features two independent sources: synthesized noise and sample section. Instead of generic white or pink noise, the noise section features 6 square wave oscillators with different pitches and phases, like the famous TR808. The result is a noise sound with a controllable metallic character.
The factory bank comes with more than 50 samples, ranging from rare analog drum machines to real acoustic hi hats and cymbals. Some of the samples were also processed with a classic Aphex Aural Exciter and recorded to tape with a vintage Revox B77 MkII.
Changes in Hats v1.5.1
- Added: 3 new presets and 3 new samples.
- Added: macOS 12 Monterey (Universal 2 Binary).
- Added: Apply button in Settings Window.
- Added: Global option – Resizable Window.
- Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI.
- Improved: Envelope Retriggering.
- Removed: Legacy feature “Bounce to file”.
- Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects.
- Fixed: Issue loading custom samples when 1+2 is selected.