AudioThing has released an update for The Orb, a formant filter effect plugin that simulates the characteristics of the human voice.
Featuring a set of three band pass filters, The Orb can transform any sound into a vowel-like formant-filtered sound. With the three LFOs you can modulate the Vowel, the Emphasis/Resonance of the formants, and the Drift, which can shift up or down the frequencies of each formant. You can also create your own set of vowels by changing name and frequency for each vowel/formant.
Changes in The Orb v1.1
- Added: Online Authorization Form.
- Added: Smoothed bypass.
- Added: Preset Copy/Paste to/from Clipboard.
- Added: Global option – Resizable Window.
- Added: VST3 plugin format.
- Added: 25 new presets.
- Fixed: Random Lock for LFO waveforms.
- Improved: LFO Sync stability.
- Improved: LFO Vowel Phase Parameter.
- Improved: Preset Browser with sub-categories.
The Orb for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is on sale for 33.95 EUR until July 31st, 2018 (regular 49 EUR).
AudioThing has also launched the Vintage Bundle Giveaway, a chance to win a collection of 9 vintage instruments and effects: Outer Space, Type A, Vinyl Strip, Valve Exciter, Valve Filter, Speaker, Hand Clapper, SR-88, and Latin Percussion.
All you need to do to enter is answer a simple question before July 30th, 2018 12pm UTC.
More information: AudioThing