AudioThing has released an update to the Type A audio enhancer effect plugin inspired by a famous vintage tape encoder.
The original unit was designed to be a noise reduction system for tape recording (encode stage) and playback (decode stage).
Type A emulates the encode stage, which was often misused as an enhancer, dynamically increasing the top end of a signal without introducing artefacts or altering the harmonic content. The results are similar to a dynamic EQ which adds presence and air to any track in a natural way.
Changes in Type A v1.2
- Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
- Added: Parameter Lock.
- Added: Edit Value option for Knobs.
- Added: Notification System.
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users.
- Improved: Compressor initialising on host reset.
- Fixed: Oversample random crashes.
- Fixed: VST3 UI issue on Windows with scaling over 100%.
- Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects.
Owners can download the update from their AudioThing account.