Music startup Audiu, which aims to revolutionize the way musicians give and receive feedback, has been awarded ‘Best Music Project 2017′ at last month’s Sonar+D technology conference.
Presented by Slush Music at Sonar’s tech offshoot, Sonar+D, the startup has been praised for its innovative approach to gamifying the act of giving feedback, with its collaborative and networking features being described as a cross between Google Drive and LinkedIn for musicians.
Founded by Ed Worboys and Mike Goodfellow in 2014, Audiu offers a revolutionary suite of tools and resources to help musicians learn, improve and grow by the exchange of constructive feedback, either by its innovative Feedback Stream, Pro Marketplace or the recently announced Feedback Sessions Live.
Audiu has announced a raft of new partnerships in recent months with music production and performance hardware and software specialists Native Instruments, online music distributor TuneCore, drumming software experts Melodics and premium sample creators HelloSamples and Prime Loops.
Audiu will host their first Feedback Sessions Live event on July 27th. The bimonthly interactive online event will see Audiu inviting top artists to offer bite-sized feedback, opinions and advice on users’ tracks. The first event takes place with techno don WHYT NOYZ offering community members his thoughts on their tracks. His favourite tracks from the session will win some fantastic prizes from Native Instruments, including a Maschine Studio.
Audiu has also just released its free iOS and Android app so users can take the Audiu community wherever they go. The app provides users with the ability to listen to the Feedback Stream, leave feedback and ratings, earn Rep Points and connect with like-minded users, friends, colleagues and collaborators.
Audiu’s Pro Marketplace allows users to take their feedback needs to the next level. It’s a one-stop shop for purchasing services from a range of verified Pro Artists including Sasse (Berghain, Moodmusic), Bass Kleph (Vacation Records), Chromatic (Celsius Recordings) and Dan Piloni Kark (Shabak Samech), all with the peace of mind of a money-back guarantee. Users can purchase feedback, mastering and mixing services from a range of Pro Artists, all of which have a proven track record.
Audiu’s innovative gamified Feedback Stream – which is free for all users – offers musicians a way to receive bespoke feedback on their music. Every time a user gives feedback on another user’s track, they receive 1 Rep Point and if the community upvotes their feedback for its usefulness they get 10 Rep Points. The higher a user’s Rep Score, the more their own music will appear in the Feedback Stream where it will receive feedback from the community. This innovative gamified meta creates a living, breathing community based around sharing advice.
- The Pro Marketplace offers a one-stop shop for 1-1 feedback, mixing and mastering services from verified Pros (artists, engineers, label owners and more).
- The innovative gamified Feedback Stream creates a unique meta which empowers and rewards the community to share free constructive feedback with all users.
- Feedback Sessions Live takes the Feedback Stream into a live online setting featuring top artists.
- The new community-focused iOS and Android app lets you get involved on the go.
- Audiu’s My Network is the perfect place to discover likeminded artists and build a creative network.
- Free and unlimited audio hosting designed for creators, with advanced features such as version control, stem management and collaborative tools.
More information: Audiu