Avid has announced the next generation of Sibelius, the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software.
Delivering on the commitment to customer choice that is a key element of Avid Everywhere™, Sibelius introduces affordable licensing and subscription options that give customers greater flexibility in how they acquire and use the software. The release also offers new workflow features and brings Sibelius onto the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, helping composers connect with consumers more powerfully, efficiently, collaboratively, and profitably.
“Top composers, arrangers, and publishers have helped make Sibelius the most proven and trusted music notation software in the world,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology, Avid. “With the new release of Sibelius on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, customers can access the software in more affordable ways than ever, and enjoy powerful new workflow features that enable them to express their creativity in brand new ways, whether composing for a live performance, movie, television, media entertainment, or in the classroom.”
Customers can now choose to access Sibelius through affordable monthly and annual subscriptions, purchase the software outright, or manage multiple copies with Sibelius network licensing. All options include an Avid upgrade plan, enabling customers to stay current with the latest version of Sibelius and get Avid Standard Support, with access to 24×7 expert help whenever, wherever, and however they need it. These flexible options make it easy for anyone to gain access to the same proven tools professional composers use.
Because Sibelius is now on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, it enables users to seamlessly integrate into any music, movie, or television production workflow. After scores are composed in Sibelius, they can be easily moved to industry-standard Pro Tools® to build cues to picture. Scores can be printed or shared with musicians digitally using the Avid Scorch® app for iPad. And composers can sell their work by delivering scores to music publishers for worldwide sale using the new Sibelius | Cloud Publishing technology.
The latest Sibelius also introduces innovative new features that enhance the creative process, enabling composers to:
- Write music with a pen on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, and quickly add and edit notes with a tap of the pen
- Streamline collaboration by using the new Annotate feature to add notes, edits, and instructions directly on the score for others to review
- Interact with scores intuitively using multi-touch gestures like pinch-zoom
- Get up and running faster than ever with a simplified activation process
- Work faster and see more detail with the updated Windows interface
The new Sibelius will be available in Q2 2015 in the following options:
- Sibelius monthly subscription (one-month license subscription with updates)—$24.99/month, €19 Ex-VAT/month, £22.80 In-VAT/month
- Sibelius annual subscription (12-month license subscription with updates)—$239, €219 Ex-VAT, £190.80 In-VAT
- Perpetual license for Sibelius (includes 12 months of updates)—$689, €639 Ex-VAT, £550.80 In-VAT
- Sibelius upgrade (from a single-user license of a previous version of Sibelius)—$89, €79 Ex-VAT, £70.80 In-VAT
- Sibelius crossgrade (from Finale, Encore, Mosaic, or Notion)—$199, €189 Ex-VAT, £154.80 In-VAT
- Sibelius for Education* (available for students and teachers)—perpetual license with updates: $299, €279 Ex-VAT, £238.80 In-VAT; annual subscription: $99, €89 Ex-VAT, £82.80 In-VAT
- Sibelius for Education Institution licenses* (multi-seat licenses may be purchased from an Avid Authorized Reseller)
* Academic versions of the software require verification of academic eligibility.