Avid has announced availability of Pro Tools 2019, providing support for macOS Mojave and offering more power for working with high track-counts and demanding audio post productions.
The latest version of the industry-standard digital audio workstation boosts power and performance for every level of user—from professional music creators and aspiring artists to top-echelon audio post professionals and engineers—enabling them to work faster and more creatively on the most complex projects.
For users working in high track-count environments, such as audio post production, Pro Tools | Ultimate delivers 50 percent more voices/audio tracks than previous versions. In addition to this base voice limit increase to 384, Pro Tools | Ultimate software and HD Native customers will be able to further increase the number of available voices up to 768 per system—on par with a three-card Pro Tools | HDX system—with the addition of native Pro Tools | Ultimate Voice Packs. The ability to scale the number of voices in Pro Tools | Ultimate software enables a greater degree of flexibility and power to tackle the most demanding work and when working in tandem with high-powered HDX systems.
Additionally, this release of Pro Tools has enhanced playback features that enable more fluid creativity in the software. Users can perform seamless track and timeline interactions during playback—inserting plugins, adding or deleting tracks, changing routing, adjusting loop duration and more. This suite of playback features allows users to work quickly, and therefore more productively, without playback errors disrupting their flow.
“It’s amazing to think that our existing Pro Tools systems can inherit so much additional capability with a software update such as this one,” said re-recording mixer Jonathan Wales.
“These are the features we’ve been dreaming of and they were highly ranked in the Avid Customer Association’s annual vote. It’s extremely exciting to have them arrive. This is a huge release, because not only do we get a massive increase in power—with more voices in Pro Tools | Ultimate—but the speed is unbelievable. Not having the playback stop while inserting plugins or routing tracks is an incredible revelation and will only encourage creativity further.”
For Pro Tools | First users, they can now create and save an unlimited number of projects locally. Users can selectively sync up to three projects to their complimentary cloud storage for easy access anytime, anywhere.
For facilities and institutions, Avid also announced the immediate availability of Pro Tools Multiseat Network Site Licensing. Multiseat licensing enables easy administration of multiple Pro Tools seats from a single account and local server, eliminating the need for a multitude of physical iLok dongles and cumbersome site management.
“Our goal was to deliver new features for every kind of user, whether they’re working in audio post production, or music creation, and whether they’re a Pro Tools | First user just starting out or a Pro Tools | Ultimate user at the peak of their career,” said Rob D’Amico, Director, Audio Solutions Marketing at Avid.
“Every year, we continually deliver Pro Tools updates to subscribers throughout the year, giving them the capabilities they need to deliver their best possible sound and keep their creativity flowing.”
Check the full list of Pro Tools 2019.5 features—including support for macOS Mojave.
Avid also delivers greater flexibility and control to audio mixing workflows with availability of new EUCON software.
Full monitoring control, ICON-style scroll, and Intelligent Attention workflows enable users to deliver superior mixes faster.
The update introduces enhanced functionality to all Avid audio control surfaces, including Pro Tools | S6, Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, and Artist Mix, as well as Pro Tools | Control, Avid’s free iOS iPad app. It includes new monitoring control, ICON-style scroll and Intelligent Attention workflows, allowing customers to deliver superior mixes even faster.
EUCON is Avid’s open, high-speed Ethernet control protocol that allows its control surfaces to connect to a variety of Avid and third-party creative audio and video software solutions, delivering integrated control over multiple applications and workstations, resulting in increased efficiencies and cost-effective workflow expansions. EUCON is currently supported by a wide cross-section of Macintosh- and Windows-based applications, including Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Premiere, Audition and many more.
EUCON 2019.5 delivers:
- Full EUCON Monitoring Control from the Pro Tools | Control App
- Controls any EUCON-enabled monitoring system (Pro Tools | MTRX, XMON, D-MON, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase and Pyramix) from an iPad.
- Sections of the control surface can be locked for dedicated monitor control while the rest of the controls can be used to mix another DAW.
- Full control of Source Selection, Speaker Cuts, Talkback and Cues.
- Free Pro Tools | Control App can be used standalone or integrated with Pro Tools | Dock for physical knobs and Softkey buttons.
- ICON-style “Scroll to Track” and “Scroll into View” for EUCON Surfaces (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- EUCON surfaces now Scroll and put the top/left most track onto strip one when activated in Pro Tools.
- Pro Tools Pan and Send Window opening and closing (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- In addition to the current Plugin Window opening and closing from a control surface, the Pan and Send Windows optionally now follow those function selections from the surface.
- New knob/joystick touch option to show windows gives increased speed and visibility.
- New Intelligent Attention workflows from Pro Tools for all surfaces (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- Users now choose what associated track parameters will be mapped to the surface when attentioned.
- The Surface also can focus the clicked Function to the Attention Track knobs. If a user clicks on a Pan in Pro Tools, it will attention that track and then focus the Pan knobs on the surface.
- S6 GPIO Fader Start and Softkey Control (Pro Tools | S6 only)
- Control Softkeys from GPIs and activate GPOs from Softkeys.
- Assign one or more Faders to GPIs for External Fader Control.
- S6 Enhanced KVM support (Pro Tools | S6 only)
- Ethernet control of Thinklogical KVMs matrix switches.
- Added dual monitor switching.
- Source and destination naming for Thinklogical and IHSE KVMs.
EUCON 2019.5 is available now as a free update for Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, Pro Tools | Control and Artist Series control surfaces, and to Pro Tools | S6 customers on valid support contracts.
More information: Avid