Avid has announced the immediate availability of the next-generation, web-based version of MediaCentral, its industry-leading media production and management platform.
By streamlining the entire workflow, MediaCentral enables customers to create better content faster, deliver to more outlets and devices, and maximize the value of their media.
Customers also benefit from MediaCentral | Cloud UX, Avid’s responsive and intuitive user interface that makes it easy to search, access, edit, collaborate, and publish content from the ultimate convenience of any workstation, laptop, or mobile device they choose.
MediaCentral’s groundbreaking modular design delivers a full suite of apps, services, and connectors, providing unprecedented scalability, extensibility and speed on the job for media production, including television programs, news and sports broadcasts, films, or live TV and events. Every production team member is connected in a completely integrated workflow that offers a unified view into all media assets—whether on premises, or in a private data center, the public cloud, or a hybrid environment.
At MediaCentral’s core is the next-generation MediaCentral platform engine that delivers powerful yet simple capabilities including automated content indexing, workflow orchestration, centralized administration, and streamlined software deployment. These major advancements enable customers to find and access media assets from any location, turn content around faster and deliver to diverse channels and devices, while automating their workflows.
“Our next-generation MediaCentral production suite gives creative teams across news, sports, post production and live production the power to create and deliver more content to all their media outlets in less time than ever before,” said Dana Ruzicka, Chief Product Officer, Avid.
“MediaCentral’s total deployment flexibility accommodates the unique ways that our customers want to set up and manage their operations and easily supports how their teams do their work. The platform positions content creators for increased creativity, productivity, and agility as they evolve to take command of their next opportunity.”
MediaCentral workflow modules include:
- MediaCentral | Editorial Management: For smaller post production and broadcast teams, this affordable media management solution enables unmatched collaborative power, with folder, project, bin, metadata, and media sharing capabilities from any web browser.
- MediaCentral | Production Management: For large broadcasters and media enterprises, this powerhouse production module simplifies and accelerates the entire media production workflow and enables greater collaboration in large scale environments.
- MediaCentral | Newsroom Management: For news production teams, this module delivers story-centric workflows with unsurpassed efficiency that enable news teams to deliver breaking news across multiple channels faster than ever before.
- MediaCentral | Graphics Management (planned for future release): For news and sports production, this powerful and easy-to-use graphics asset management solution enables journalists to access graphics templates and easily add compelling graphics to their stories from any device.
- MediaCentral | Asset Management: For demanding broadcast, news, sports, and post production environments, this robust asset management module aggregates content from any source and automatically analyzes content to create a rich index of searchable metadata accessible from MediaCentral l Cloud UX, as well as from Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
MediaCentral offers a wide range of role-based apps that extend the capabilities of MediaCentral. Each app is optimized for a specific task in the media workflow, including searching and browsing media, researching the web and social media feeds, logging, editing, review and approval, publishing and more—all accessed from within the MediaCentral | Cloud UX interface to provide a consistent and unified user experience.
MediaCentral Services enable a broad range of media workflows including content transformation, distribution, and social media publishing, as well as content indexing and search capabilities that leverage the latest advances in machine learning to provide deep insights into media libraries.
MediaCentral connectors allow customers to easily extend their media MediaCentral workflows to many third-party applications, systems, and services from the growing ranks of Alliance partners in Avid’s certified partner ecosystem, the largest in the media and entertainment industry. Connectors are now available for a broad array of third-party solutions for archive, quality control, transcoding, WAN acceleration, CMS integration, as well as publishing to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
MediaCentral | Cloud UX
MediaCentral l Cloud UX is a redesigned, simple to use UI that provides unified access to the power of the MediaCentral platform from virtually any device anywhere, enabling tasks like search, editing, publishing, graphics, and distribution.
Avid’s next-generation MediaCentral production suite is available now.
More information: Avid