RME Audio has announced the Babyface Pro FS, a 24-channel 192 kHz bus-powered USB audio interface featuring the full SteadyClock FS circuit as in the ADI-2 Pro FS for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
The new Babyface also comes with improved AD and DA conversion, even better microphone preamps, and the same headphone amplifiers found on RME’s award-winning ADI-2 Series.
Four years ago the Babyface Pro again demonstrated RME’s absolute commitment to superior craftsmanship, not only in audio circuits and driver development, but also in mechanics.
Created with the highest precision from a block of aluminum, this high-end portable interface incorporated newly designed analog and digital circuits. Its innovative energy saving technologies provided supreme fidelity with no compromises in level, noise or distortion.
Babyface Pro FS features
- +19 / +4 dBu switch on the bottom adds a direct way to reduce the output level, thus improves SNR for sensitive active monitors, avoids distortion / overload, and helps to keep TotalMix FX faders near 0 dB instead of high attenuations.
- Full SteadyClock FS circuit as in the ADI-2 Pro FS for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
- 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises from 70 mW to 90 mW. THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB. Uses same output op-amps as ADI-2 Pro now. Output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 dB to 113.7 dB, TRS Line inputs SNR improved from 114 dB to 116.3 dB (120 dBA). THD Line inputs improved by 8 dB.
- 6 samples less latency on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA. It won’t get quicker…).
- All the above improvements were achieved without raising the units power consumption.
- K-slot for theft protection.
The RME ADI-2 DAC has also been upgraded and now ships with an the extended remote control RME MRC (Multi-Remote-Control), which supports all current ADI-2 DAC’s so existing owners can upgrade to the new MRC as well.
More information: RME Audio