Modwheel has launched Bass Banjo, a virtual bass banjo instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Created by David Donaldson and Stuart Porter back in the 80s, the original Bass Banjo is a one-of-a-kind instrument designed for use in an outdoor marching band.
It was created using an old bass drum and a cut down finger-board from a double bass. It has a very individual, loud, resonant sound that has stood the test of time and has been heard on many recordings and soundtracks over the years, as well as anti-nuclear protests and Christmas parades.
The time seemed right to sample it, and add it to MODWHEEL’s collection of unique, virtual instrument sample libraries.
Now everyone can enjoy the great sound of Bass Banjo.
Bass Banjo features
- 10 Kontakt Patches in total.
- 2 patches of Bass Banjo with 4 round robins and multiple articulations.
- 5 patches of BangOn Sidekick percussion sounds, drum programming and Arpeggiator.
- 3 synth patches created using the Bass Banjo samples.
- 24bit 48kHz Multisamples .
- 2.2 GB core library (reduced to 1.07GB using NI lossless compression).
Bass Banjo for Kontakt 5.6 or higher (full version) is available for the intro price of $25 USD through May 21st, 2018 (regular $35 USD). Taxes may apply.
More information: Modhweel