BBE Sounds has launched Stomp Board, a standalone host application and plugin that includes a guitar preamp section and 8 premium modeled guitar effect pedals taken from the original BBE Stomp Ware classics.
Stomp Board supports unlimited loading of the 8 selective pedals highlighted below, each of which can be chained in any order via simple drag/drop operation in the GUI.
It includes a dedicated and finely tuned Gate for guitarists, 4 integrated Amp models from clean to light crunch, a tilt style Tone control for global EQ settings and inbuilt spring reverb alongside input/output control and gain staging metering view, and a selection of crafted presets by industry staff musicians.
Stomp Board features the following BBE pedals:
- Free Fuzz, patterned after a rare and sought-after silicon transistor fuzz pedal made famous by players like Jimi Hendrix in the late ’60s. It provides a wide range of creamy, dynamic fuzz effects with an almost endless amount of sustain for soloing and chunky rhythms.
- Green Screamer, a vintage overdrive capable of producing a dynamic range of smooth and warm overdrive tones associated with vintage tube amplifiers.
- Mind Bender, a dual-mode vibrato/chorus that utilizes a BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) circuit that produces a wide range of warm, lush vibrato, chorus, and rotating speaker effects.
- Opto Stomp, a transparent optical compressor that provides a wide range of soft-knee compression effects, reminiscent of the best vintage compressors made in the ʻ60s.
- Sonic Stomp, a stomp-box version of the ever-popular Sonic Maximizer. The Sonic Stomp was carefully designed to deliver the same sonic improvement as the rack-mounted 482i Sonic Maximizer, adding clarity, definition and punch to any instrument.
- Soul Vibe, a vintage vibe/rotary speaker simulator known for its chewy phase-like textures made popular in the late ʻ60s and ʻ70s by such players as Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, and Robin Trower.
- Tremor, a dual-mode Tremolo/Auto-Pan that utilizes an optical circuit to create a wide range of warm pulsating sounds normally associated with the “vibrato” effect of vintage tube amps. The Tremor ʻPlug-Inʼ offers the flexibility of two independent effects that are foot switchable (to keep the original hardware look), enabling a player to select between a Tremolo effect and Auto-Pan effect.
- Two Timer, inspired by the long discontinued DM-2 Delay, which was known for its warm, haunting reverb and tape-like echoes. The Two Timer offers two independent delay times foot switchable via the Time1/Time2 mode footswitch. In the software version, we changed the Time1/Time2 switch label to MONO (Time1 delay) and STEREO (Time1: left delay time, Time2: right delay time), it results in having a mono and stereo vintage delay that can create an amazing range of space effects.
BBE Sound Stomp Board is available now for Windows and macOS in VST, VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, at an intro price of $29 USD until August 31st, 2018 (regular $129 EUR).
Each pedal is available separately outside of the Stomp Board host and is backward compatible with the former Stomp Ware product line for DAW sessions (except RTAS format, now depreciated).
More information: BBE Sound