Behringer has launched the Rhythm Designer RD-8, a classic analog drum machine featuring 16 drum sounds, 64 step sequencer, wave designer and dual-mode filter.
The RHYTHM DESIGNER RD-8 provides all the tools you need to become a master beat-maker, including: 16 drum sounds; a 64-step sequencer; Wave Designer and dual-mode filter – for a full-fledged drum machine that’ll shake the house! Whether you’re new to drum programming or a seasoned pro looking to upgrade your setup, the RD-8 has everything you need to step up to the big time.
Great care has been taken in designing the RD-8 to achieve new possibilities in beat creation by reviving a timeless analog design from one of the most-classic drum machines of yesteryear. By taking a fresh and modern approach on a classic drum machine, the RD-8 gives you the power to harness the phenomenal sound of the 808 and tap into some new features as well. Colossal bass drums through to sizzling hi-hats can be manipulated to elevate your rhythm performance to the next level. This is an analog beat-making monster!
Rhythm Designer RD-8 features
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine to create the classic sound performance.
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global Accent capability.
- Modern and versatile workflow provides enhanced playability, enabling you to create captivating live performances.
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo.
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment.
- Live recording, editing and playback of Analog Filter cutoff via automation.
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns, all of which can be imported/exported during playback for unlimited songs and patterns.
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part.
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions.
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes.
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB implementation for synchronization and connection to external devices.
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal for maximum versatility.
- 11 independent analog outputs for external processing or recording your rhythms as multi-track audio.
- Powerful headphone and main outputs on 1/4″ connectors.
- High-visibility LED display makes it easy to verify program parameters.
- Robust encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random.
- 16 vintage-style step buttons with bold LED indicators for easy pattern creation.
- 3-Year Warranty Program.
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The Rhythm Designer RD-8 is 299 EUR.
More information: Behringer