Benjamin Schulz has released Spectrum, a spectrum analyzer effect plugin for Windows and Mac that offers spectrogram and spectrograph display modes.
Spectrum is a VST, AU and AAX plugin that allows you to inspect the frequency content of your mixes. It’s ideal to find clashing frequencies and to cleanup your mix.
It supports input from multiple channels: just drop an instance into your master bus and route the audio of the tracks you want to inspect into Spectrum.
- Hardware accelerated graphics.
- Low CPU usage.
- Spectrogram & Spectrograph display modes.
- Variable block size: 2k-16k.
- Variable refresh rate: 40ms – 200ms.
- Spectral Smoothing: zero to eight seven.
- Display spectrum as bins or lines.
- Manual & auto-ranging.
- Visualization of Left/Right or Mid/Side channels.
- Flexible channel selection.
- Display Frequencies in Hz and as musical Note.
Spectrum is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX). The free trial version runs for 30 days and has no restrictions. After that you need to ‘purchase’ the free (4 channel) base version. Up to 16 channels are available via an upgrade, priced at 24 EUR / $24.99 USD.