Best Service has announced the release of Arabic Oud, a new Engine 2 powered virtual instrument created in collaboration with Bassam Ayoub.
In Arabic music, the Oud is considered one of the oldest musical instruments; in fact, in the Middle East it plays an important role in musical tradition. Although the origins of this instrument are uncertain, the popularity of the Oud has spread across the Mediterranean, North and East Africa and the Middle East, where it is still very popular to this day. In the Western World, the Oud is probably best known as the forerunner of the European lute.
The Arabic Oud Library was created in close collaboration with the renowned musician and Oud virtuoso Bassam Ayoub. Bassam Ayoub performed and recorded all playing variations with the main emphasis on achieving an authentic sound, both for melodic playing and rhythmic accompaniment.
Arabic Oud features
- Three different, meticulously recorded Oud instruments with 39 articulations. Ideal for both studio and live performances.
- User interface gives you access to the most important and commonly used microtunings of oriental music: Bayati, Rast, Saba and Seka.
- Each tuning offers two variants (Normal and Syriac Church) as well as free choice of the root key.
- Keyswitches (latch and hold) to switch between the different playing techniques to create incredibly realistic performances.
- Short Midi sequences showcase the numerous playing possibilities of the Arabic Oud.
- Includes Lite versions with essential articulations for each of the three instruments.
Arabic Oud is available for 129 EUR / $129 USD / £115 GBP.
More information: Best Service