BFD has released an update to its flagship software acoustic drum studio. Version 3.4.5 of BFD3 brings long-awaited native support for M1 Apple Silicon, and various other changes.
With stunning new kits, mix-ready presets and modelling technology for tom resonance and cymbal swells, BFD3 delivers uncompromising detail. The revamped interface has a new mixer and sound browser for the easiest BFD experience yet.
Changes in BFD3 v22.214.171.124
- The VCA Comp now includes some presets.
- There is now a dirty state indicator included in the preset name bar.
- Fixed: Crash when deleting favourites lists.
- Fixed: Hihat pedal and splash processing.
- Fixed: Crash on startup when some preference entries are very long.
- Fixed: Minor tool-tip fix to groove editor tools.
The update is free from the BFD License Manager application. Note that native support for M1 Apple Silicon in Pro Tools is not yet implemented, and the VST2 plugin will not be found by Cubase when Cubase is run in Apple Silicon mode. AAX and VST3 support are on BFD’s roadmap.
BFD3 is on sale for $79 USD instead of $99 USD exclusively at Plugin Boutique until May 31st, 2023.