Big Fish Audio has released an update to Momentum, a plugin that allows you to slice, stretch, change the key, rearrange, and compose from multiple samples and sources, as well as find that perfect one-shot inside your loop.
Version 1.1 includes Momentum Song Section Indicators, various bug fixes, NKS light guide support, and expanded DAW support for Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One, Cakewalk, and Reason.
The Momentum software plugin is a free loops and samples platform that unlocks the potential of loops and supplies the next generation of sound sculpting. It’s a free tool to edit your loops!
You get the industry’s most advanced slice effects engine as well as a slice editor for molding loops into the perfect fit for your music. Onboard you will find the world-famous Big Fish Audio store where you can conveniently audition loops and sounds right inside your DAW.
Changes in Momentum v1.1
- Song Section indicators.
- Updated appearance of all dropdown menus.
- Updated default settings for some FX.
- MacOS – Adding a lot of slices (30+) manually no longer crashes DAWs like Live 10 and Logic Pro X.
- “Repeat next _ slices” function now will complete a pattern through to the end of the loop.
- Fixes for freezing previews and product demos.
- Adjustments to latched keys being reset after latch mode is disabled.
- Group FX Delay is no longer influenced by synced time settings if delay tempo sync is disabled.
- Momentum no longer crashes on some systems when deleting slices.
- Momentum no longer crashes while playing many notes (10+) with Input Q enabled.
- Latch mode and Input Q combination will now sustain a loop until the end of the selected Input Q division even after a new one in the same group is triggered.
- Some Logic users no longer experience a fatal error while rescanning plugins.
- The delay effect no longer displays incorrect “Time” values.
- Filter “resonance” knob now works with all filter modes.
- The playhead is now active for all samples that are currently playing.
- “Input Limit” has now been added to the group “Limiter” effect.
- Several groups/channels can now be soloed at the same time.
- Pro Tools no longer experiences slow user interface responsiveness.
- Addressed issues while using Reaper on Windows.
- Addressed crashes in Studio One on Windows.
- Fixes for Cakewalk on Windows.
- Fixes for Reason on Windows.
- Other minor bug fixes and tweaks.
Momentum is a free download in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats. It comes with 1.8 GB of free content from selected Big Fish Audio loop libraries.
More information: Big Fish Audio