Solid State Logic has recently launched its latest desktop mixing console based on the widely acclaimed SiX desktop mixer.
Incorporating feedback from artists, producers and engineers, BiG SiX is a 16-channel studio grade mixing console that combines features and technologies from legendary large-format SSL consoles with full USB integration, and additional processing and advanced routing capabilities.
BiG SiX is the ultimate tool for artists and musicians working in a hybrid recording and mixing environment. The console’s SuperAnalogue design delivers the punch, clarity, and ultra-low distortion that engineers love from the company’s 9000 consoles, along with a new 16 channel AD/DA USB interface. Also included is an ‘Essential Version’ of the SSL G-Comp Bus Compressor, now with the renowned ‘Auto’ release feature, channel dynamics processing and a three-band EQ based on the iconic SSL 4000E console.
Producers and mix engineers will appreciate BiG SiX’s comprehensive monitoring section featuring full source matrix feeding two independent headphone outputs, along with its impressive 18-channel analog summing at mixdown capability. The result is that BIG SiX is the essential SSL studio.
“SiX introduced SSL console-grade processing and workflow to a wider range of users, and BiG SiX, with its enhanced feature set and full USB interface integration takes this a stage further, providing all of the essential tools of a hybrid studio. BiG SiX sets a new benchmark in desktop mixer performance and we can’t wait to see how users enhance their productions with it.” comments Nigel Beaumont, Managing Director of Solid State Logic.
BiG SiX features
- Four SuperAnalogue ‘Money Channels’ with Mic / Line level input / Hi-Z / phantom power / HPF / Polarity switch / classic SSL Channel Dynamics / updated three-band EQ (based on SSL E Series) / fully balanced insert point.
- Four stereo inputs featuring dual mono switching and wide gain range.
- Built in 16-channel high quality USB AD/DA converters (96 Khz / 24-bit) with advanced routing capabilities.
- Three compressor flavors: Classic SSL channel dynamics, Listen Mic Compressor and Essential version of G-Comp Bus Compressor now featuring ‘Auto’ release.
- 100 mm studio grade faders.
- Professional LED meters with fast and accurate peak response.
- Two independent headphone outputs.
- Comprehensive monitoring section.
- Two stereo cue feeds.
- Up to 18 inputs at mixdown.
- Mix Bus inject for cascading additional SiX/BiG SiX consoles.
SSL BiG SiX is available at Solid State Logic’s network of authorized dealers and priced at £1,999 GBP / $2,999 USD and 2,499 EUR (excluding VAT).
More information: Solid State Logic