Big Tick has released version 1.7 of its Zen universal presets manager for Windows and Mac.
It loads in any host as a vsti, and acts as a loader for other vstis. So with Zen, you can search for “Rhodes piano” and get a list of all matching presets – regardless of the final vsti (Rhino, Zebra, Absynth… whatever). When you select one of the presets in Zen, the corresponding vsti is automatically loaded to play the requested preset.
Most popular vstis are supported, and new ones are added daily. Eventually Zen aims to categorize all available presets, for all vstis.
Changes in Zen
- Countless stability fixes and performance enhancements.
- 64-bit OS X version.
- Smooth transition between presets.
- New standalone host on Windows and Mac.
- Plug-in scan runs in a different process – no more crashes while scanning.
- Presets database can be shared across systems and architectures.
- Option to automatically scroll to the top of the list when search results change.
- Option to clear the plugins cache.
- Presets changes are now saved when saving from a host.
- Increased the number of user controls from 8 to 8*4.
Zen for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download at no cost.