Bitwig has announced the release of Bitwig Studio 3, the latest version of the innovative music creation and performance software.
Bitwig Studio 3 opens a new window for working with sound: The Grid.
As was hinted at from the start, Bitwig Studio was always intended to provide a fully-modular sound design option, and this has become a reality with The Grid.
The Grid is a modular sound-design environment. With a library of 154 modules, an assortment of editing gestures, and interactive assistance always on hand, modular patching is now easier for the professional and completely accessible to the newcomer.
New in Bitwig Studio 3
- The Grid, a modular sound design environment sporting 154 modules and lightning-fast workflows.
- Poly Grid device: for creating synthesizers, sequenced patches, and more.
- FX Grid device: for creating audio FX with optional voice stacking.
- Automatic Project Backups, each time you re-save a project.
- Realtime Ruler, showing timelines in minutes and seconds.
- Ableton LINK version 3, supporting start/stop synchronization.
- Global GUI Contrast settings, making the interface pop on any monitor.
- Redesigned Instrument Inspector, offering polyphony, two mono voice modes, and more.
- VU Meters in Routing Choosers, showing the signal you are looking for.
- Reworked audio backends, sporting timing improvements on all platforms.
Bitwig Studio 3 is on sale for 299 USD/EUR until July 13th, 2019 (regular $399 USD/379 EUR). A free demo version is ready for download.
Bitwig Studio 3 comes as a free update for all customers with a Bitwig Studio license and a valid upgrade plan.
More information: Bitwig