Plugin Alliance has announced the release of a Mid/Side version of the acclaimed HG-2 tube processor from Black Box Analog Design.
The Black Box HG-2MS plugin offers mastering grade tube saturation and harmonics. It comes with M/S processing, TMT, and advanced filters for even more creative saturation.
Celebrated mix & mastering engineers like Dave Pensado, Bob Horn, and Heba Kadry rely on the sweet tubes and creamy-sounding transformers of the Black Box HG-2 to help their mixes sound louder, bigger, and punchier at the same peak level.
Now, the HG-2 MS version offers mid-side processing, advanced filters, and more for even greater sonic refinement. This new plugin has also received Brainworx patented Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT).
- The MS version of the Black Box offers Mid-Side, Mono/Stereo, and More Saturation options.
- Brainworx Audio’s patented Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT).
- Additional digital-only controls like Input Gain, Density, Calibration, Air, and Mix.
- Separate gain controls for virtual 6U8A pentode and triode tubes.
- Parallel Saturation circuit selects one of two modeled 12AX7 tubes—one voiced more aggressively than the other.
- Redesigned Filter Section – 4 variable Filters and the Flat mode for the Saturation circuit.
- Calibration menu to mimic internal trim adjustment.
- Variable Density control to boost gain equally for virtual pentode and triode tubes.
- Variable Air control to add silvery sparkle and sweetness above 10 kHz.
- Added Mix control to adjust wet/dry balance.
- Loaded with plenty of useful presets created by Josh Gudwin, Michael Brauer, Matt Weiss & Eric Racy.
The plugin is on sale for the intro price of $249.99 USD until April 12th, 2021 (regular $329 USD). Reduce the price to only $149.99 USD with voucher code HG2MS-INTRO-14999 at the checkout.
A purchase includes the classic Black Box HG-2 plugin for free. Active Mix & Master Bundle or Mega Bundle users can download the plugin and activate it at no extra cost.
More information: Plugin Alliance