Lunacy Audio has announced the release of a new virtual instrument that welcomes you to a new dimension of sound. CUBE is capable of blending multiple samples in a 3D interface to create dynamic and evolving sounds for use in music production.
With thousands of samples recorded by top LA musicians, CUBE offers a detailed collection of sampled instruments, ranging from beautiful violins to gritty guitars to juicy analog synths. Its proprietary 3D interface, with graphics coded and designed by engineers from Pixar, allows you to blend all of these samples using a custom XYZ grid and tempo-synced orbit system.
CUBE ships with more than 100 sampled instruments and 400 presets with additional preset packs on the way (free for all CUBE owners).
- 100+ sampled instruments, over 3,000 samples with multiple dynamic layers.
- 400+ presets designed by experienced composers and producers.
- 40+ Orbits creative motion presets for transforming your patches.
- 8 samplers each with an arpeggiator, filters, envelopes, step sequencers, reverse, monophonic, glide, pan, and tuning.
- 13 FX modules: Filters, Visual EQ, Saturation, Waveshaping Distortion, Bitcrusher, Compressor, Chorus, Phase, Delay, Algorithmic Reverb, Convolution Reverb, Limiter.
- Powerful modulation system with 4 detailed LFOs, macro control, and a modulation matrix.
- Custom proprietary OpenGL graphics engine for visualizing your presets and transforming your sound in real-time.
- Orbit customizer to build and save your own orbits from scratch with per-axis control.
- Randomization algorithms, quickly create new patches by randomizing sounds, orbits, and FX.
- Eco-Mode CPU saving feature that minimizes RAM usage and CPU load.
- Custom MIDI control, set global CCs for The Orb position and main page controls.
CUBE is available at Lunacy Audio in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats and as standalone software for Windows and Mac. It is priced $249 USD.
Lunacy Audio offers a 14-day return policy, so you can try the product risk-free.