Blinksonic° has announced the release of VOZ°, a new sampling concept based on vocal formants.
This Reaktor 6 ensemble resynthesizes the voice of a real singer from a list of vocal articulation samples that can be sketched into multi layer singing parts and played chromatically trough a powerful 4 voice sampler with 10 effects.
From mutant choirs, backing vocals, rising screams, funky hits, experimental sound fx, to playable vocal parts…
VOZ° explores various aspects on how vocal sound material can be operated in a virtual instrument and allows to inject a dose of human soul in modern electronic composition.
VOZ° comes with a collection of 1520 basic waveforms including elements of speaking, screaming, whispering, breathing, yelling, laughing, growling, throating… All kind of vowels, phonetics, accents and onomatopoeias… Even whole words and piece of phrases ready to be used as sources of oscillation that can be launched with in predefined random order.
With 100 presets ready to go, a smart modulation system, NKS compatible, and many other features, VOZ° promises noisy, punky and unconventional experiences, for both lyrical and epic sonic adventures.
Probably the vocal sound object, the wildest one of its kind actually.
- 1,520 raw audio files (around 600 MB on disk).
- 100 snapshots.
- 4 sampler engines with granular loop functions (Start/End points, Sustain loop Start/End points).
- Drop your own wave files*.
- Pitch, Fine tuning parameters*.
- Reverse sample playback*.
- Polyphonic or Monophonic switch*.
- ADSR enveloppe*.
- Selectors for the 16 banks of 99 samples*.
- Random trigger mode with definable minimum and maximum range*.
- Filter with 4 types (Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch).
- Stereo imager with a switchable Autopan/Tremolo*.
- Loop control modulation. Enable the movement of the Start/End loop points over the waveform following modulation sources*.
- 10 effects: Pitchshifter, Ring Modulator, Vowel, Overdrive, Phaser, Freq modulation, Chorus, Bit Reducer, Delay and Reverb.
- A minimum of 2 parameters for each effects and the ability to receive external modulations.
- Uno FX mode: Crossfade the main audio signal through one effect at time.
- 4 tracks mixer with send effect buses and mute buttons.
- 4 voices pad crossfader (XY movement loop recorder).
- 3 band equalizer.
- 2 LFOs with expressive options ( dose, random, x/speed for creating wobble modulation effects ).
- XY modulation pad recorder.
- Switch to external Modwheel modulation sources.
- Virtual touch keyboards for playing notes with the cursor (glissando mode).
- Latch/Hold button.
- Keyboard note range selector.
- Root note and scale selector.
- Midi note loop recorder ( for recording sketches and melodic phrases ideas).
- Modern graphic interface with a blurry color scope.
- NKS support
*On each sampler engines.
VOZ° is available for purchase for 89 EUR. Requires a full version of Reaktor 6.