Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Re-Head, a brand new audio plugin created to make using headphones easier for musicians and audio professionals.
Re-Head aims to solve the problem where listening through headphones gives a distinctly different experience compared to listening through studio monitors, as well as fatigue when using headphones for an extended time.
The Re-Head plug-in is based around a unique ‘head response’ model that simulates the way the listener’s head affects the audio coming from the studio monitors. To create a simulated acoustic space Re-Head also uses stereo processing to avoid the hard-panned sound associated with listening on headphones, a spectrum analyzer, EQ – and you can even add an impulse response representation of your own mixing room.
Re-Head will create a mixing room experience when using headphones. It’s also useful for musicians while recording distorted guitars and other instruments that tend to sound unnaturally in-your-face in a headphone mix.
Re-Head can not replace studio monitors, but rather make the transition from speakers to headphones and vice versa less dramatic.
- “Head response” model: get a more natural tone when working with headphones.
- Adjust the position and the angle between the virtual speakers.
- Adjust the brightness.
- Built-in EQ and spectrum analyzer.
- Impulse response (IR) loader to mimic your listening room.
- Frequency compensation for a number of popular mixing headphones.Flip the left and right channels.
- Zero latency.
The plugin is on sale for the intro price of 34 USD/EUR until June 14th, 2020. The regular price is 49 USD/EUR.
More information: Blue Cat Audio