Blue Cat Audio has released version 3.0 of Plug’n Script, a new version of the scripting plugin that can be programmed to create custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments inside most DAWs.
The plugin allows you to write your own plugin with very little knowledge about programming.
Initially released in 2014 to add scripting capabilities to your favorite DAW, Plug’n Script V3 has now evolved into an integrated audio plug-ins development environment, with a brand new graphical user interface with streamlined workflow and VST plug-in export capabilities.
It has never been so easy to create VST plug-ins!
Changes in Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script v3.0
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support, fully zoomable.
- Scripts can now be exported as independent VST plug-ins.
- Customize the user interface in the plug-in (no code required), or write your own layout for each script.
- Separate player and editor modes for optimal workflow.
- Parameters display format can now be set by scripts.
- Retina displays support on Mac (high resolution for text and vector graphics).
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- New installer on Mac.
- New version of the Angelscript engine (2.31.1).
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in. Warning: changed the identifier of the VST3 version on Mac.
- Fixed minor issues on Mac OS High Sierra (https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/community/macos-high-sierra-compatibility/).
- Fixed native file recorder script issues (file names were not properly generated for rotation).
- Fixed MIDI channel issue with VST3: MIDI channel for note events was offset by one in the VST3 plug-in version.
- Removed specific mono and stereo versions for the VST plug-in – please uninstall previous version first if you do not need them (new installer will not remove them).
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX) is on sale for 79 EUR/USD until November 5th, 2017 (regular 99 EUR/USD).
The plugin is also part of Blue Cat’s Crafters Pack, a bundle designed for creative people who care about tools that adapt to their own workflow. This bundle includes Blue Cat Audio’s most powerful software to quickly build a custom audio and MIDI toolbox.