Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Blue Cat’s PatchWork version 2.0 and MB-7 Mixer version 3.0, the next generation of its virtual patchbay for plugins and multiband host announced earlier this year at NAMM.
With brand new user interface designs, dozens of new features, improved third party plug-ins support and audio routing, these new versions aim at redefining the user experience and streamlining the workflow.
Changes in PatchWork v2.0 / MB-7 Mixer v3.0
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Favorite plug-ins and their settings can be saved to be quickly reloaded later from a menu.
- Unused channels for each hosted plug-in can now be muted (instead of default pass-thru).
- Load/save native VST, VST3 or AU preset files.
- Missing VST & VST3 plug-ins are now automatically relocated.
- Presets and parameters menus are now split in sub menus instead of a single list.
- Additional user VST path to locate VST plug-ins is now available.
- Fully compatible with previous versions.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- [PatchWork] Hide plug-ins slots to minimize the plug-in.
- [PatchWork] Lock GUI state and in/out gain to prevent changes when loading presets.
- [PatchWork] Output gain is now always active, even when using a single PRE column.
- [PatchWork] Exclusive solo mode for parallel chains.
- [PatchWork] Show or hide all plug-ins editors with single click.
- [PatchWork] Standalone application: drag and drop preset files on the application to load preset instantly on startup (and create shortcuts to launch app with a specific preset).
- [MB-7 Mixer] Copy/paste and save band settings (including plug-ins) as sub-presets.
- [MB-7 Mixer] Map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them in host or control them with MIDI.
- [MB-7 Mixer] Lock GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- [MB-7 Mixer] Band Controls Groups can now be identified by colors.
- [MB-7 Mixer] Adjust contrast for spectrogram display.
- [MB-7 Mixer] Spectrogram now keeps history when resized.
- [MB-7 Mixer] Import spectrum curves for EQ compare & matching, and export EQ curves to share with other Blue Cat Audio plug-ins.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plugins are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX), with a special introduction price until March 15th, 2017 (15% and 10% off). Existing customers who purchased the plugins in the past 6 months will get the new versions for free while others can upgrade for a small fee during the introductory sale.
More information: Blue Cat Audio