Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script, a new scripting plug-in that can be programmed to quickly build custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments, without quitting your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With this plug-in, it is possible to write your own real time or offline processors or instruments, with very little knowledge about programming: it is a very simple way to start learning audio and MIDI processing.
Experienced audio software developers will also find it convenient to quickly prototype algorithms right into a DAW and drastically reduce development costs.
It can also be used by non-programmers as a multi-purpose processor, thanks to the 46 scripts and 120 presets that are included in the package.
Plug’n Script features
- Audio and MIDI scripting plug-in.
- Build your own Audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments.
- The user interface adapts to scripts automatically. Build your own using Blue Cat’s KUIML language.
- Up to 48 input parameters and 32 outputs, with full MIDI and automation control.
- Use your favorite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for editing.
- Integrated JIT (Just In Time) compiler for optimal performance (scripts are not interpreted but compiled).
- Includes 46 scripts and 120 presets for sound synthesis, MIDI FX, audio FX (comp, gate, tremolo echo, filters…), waveform generation and more.
- Surround support (up to 8 audio channels).
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Use the included user interface or write your own for your own scripts.
Plug’n Script for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX) is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $74 USD until October 15th, 2014 (regular 79 EUR / $99 USD). Existing Blue Cat Audio customers will receive a special offer by email.