Blue Cat Audio has released version 4.2 of Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro, an update for the unique audio metering and side chaining plugin.
The new version comes with an updated zoomable graphical user interface to improve readability on any type of screen, with built-in brightness control to prevent eye fatigue while checking audio levels.
Presets management has also been improved, so that recalling your favorite metering configurations and ballistics settings is much faster. MIDI output is now available for the VST3 plug-in format to create side chain effects via MIDI in recent VST3 hosts. The update contains many other improvements and a few bug fixes.
Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is a unique audio analysis tool: it combines very flexible and customizable audio meters with advanced side chaining control capabilities thanks to its MIDI and automation outputs.
The metering capabilities of the DPMP plug-in let you control and monitor audio signals exactly the way you want: almost every aspect of the peak, RMS and crest factor meters can be customized. It proposes five different scales by default, including Bob Katz’s popular K-System scales (K-12, K-14, K-20), and you can create your own.
Changes in DP Meter Pro v4.2
- Refreshed GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Brightness control now applies to the entire user interface.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- VST3: added support for MIDI CC output (require a recently updated VST3 host).
- VST3: added support for MIDI program change messages to change presets via MIDI.
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Fixed missing user manual in plug-in.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac).
The plugin is on sale for 79 EUR/USD until June 1st, 2019 (regular 99 EUR/USD). The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio