Blue Cat Audio has released updates to its Blue Cat’s PatchWork, Axiom, Late Replies and MB-7 Mixer multi-effects processors also capable of hosting third party plugins.
The new versions bring many new features and improvements, such as effects tail spillover support, improved presets navigation and switching, smoother bypass and a lot more. Additionally, Axiom’s factory presets have been completely revamped in version 1.5 to improve the tone discovery experience.
PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay and multi FX that can host up to 64 built-in or third party plug-ins, with both serial and parallel routing options. It is available both as a plug-in and standalone application.
Axiom is a powerful and open effects processor and amp simulator for guitar and bass. It offers a new approach to amp modeling, with an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe. It is available both as a plug-in and standalone application.
Late Replies is a creative delay, reverb and multi effects plug-in that can be indefinitely extended by hosting third party plug-ins anywhere in the signal path (including feedback loops).
The MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you re-mix and process them as if they were separate tracks: change levels, panning, apply third party plug-ins or any of the 30 built-in effects.
Changes in all plugins
- Tail spillover: activate tail spillover from the toolbar to play effects tail when bypassed (available for the plug-in itself, sub-sections or built-in delays and reverbs).
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets, in the main view or in the presets browser.
- The opacity of the tone map window can now be adjusted for built-in effects.
- Smoother presets switching.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Fixed: the state of some VST2 plug-ins (which do not save their state as chunks) were not be restored properly if their number of parameters had been changed (e.g. FabFilter Pro-Q’s latest update).
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- Mac: fixed keyboard not responding in registration panel in some host applications (LUNA, Garage Band…).
- Mac Audio Unit: fixed plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule…).
Changes in Axiom v1.5
- New hi hain presets using custom impulse responses (IR).
- New responsive clean and crunch presets.
- Reduced loudness and spectral balance discrepencies between presets.
- Adjusted effects levels to preserve loudness when bypassed.
- Adjusted reverb levels on all presets.
- Most presets now support input overload gracefully (like “real world” amps): feel free to push the input gain by a few dBs.
- New default preset to get started quickly with the software.
- Fixed: built-in Late Replies sometimes cut delay tail when using plug-ins in the feedback loops.
- Fixed: output was mono when both A and B are off and I/O configuration is mono to stereo.
Changes in PatchWork v1.42, Late Replies v1.41, MB-7 Mixer v3.33
- New high resolution graphics for knobs and sliders.
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Fixed: several issues with hosted plug-ins bypass (graphical glitches, untriggered bypass…).
- Mac: fixed demo version that could hang Logic when reloading projects using the plug-in.
Blue Cat’s Axiom is on sale for 159 USD/EUR (regular 199 USD/EUR), PatchWork is 89 USD/EUR (regular 99 USD/EUR), MB-7 Mixer and Late Replies are 99 USD/EUR each (regular 129 USD/EUR).
The update is free to exiting users of the plugins.