Blue Cat Audio has announced version 2.2 of Blue Cat’s Protector, a new version of the brickwall limiter plugin.
With a brand new user interface (fully zoomable), lookahead support, new factory presets and many other new features and enhancements, this new version offers a streamlined limiting experience and greatly improves the result of brickwall limiting on the master bus. It can now also be used on any individual track, supporting both stereo and mono signals.
Blue Cat’s Protector is a 0 dB stereo brickwall limiter with adjustable dynamics response. It will typically find its place on the master bus of your DAW to protect your audio output from overshoot, limit the general volume and improve the perceived loudness, thanks to a very transparent frequency response and its lookahead capabilities.
Despite its very simple set of controls, it offers a wide range of sounds and it is also suitable as a track limiter for more creative effects such as distortion, pumping or heavy limiting.
Changes in Blue Cat’s Protector v2.2
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Lock the GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- New lookahead function to reduce distortion when used as a loudness booster.
- Mono tracks support: the plug-in now also works in mono.
- Lock GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac).
Blue Cat Audio has launched a special promotion (up to 33% off) on all its recently updated dynamics processors during the Dynamics Month: the Protector limiter, the all-in-one Dynamics plug-in, the multiband MB-5 Dynamix plug-in and the Energy Pack bundle.
Protector is on sale for 79 EUR/USD until May 25th, 2019 (regular 99 EUR/USD). The upgrade to the new version is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio