Blue Cat Audio has announced an update of its virtual control surface software that can be used to control multiple plug-ins or MIDI-compatible devices from a single user interface.
Version 3.1 of Blue Cat’s Remote Control sees the release of a standalone application version of the software, in addition to VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats. The update also improves the integration with physical control surfaces and brings a couple of other improvements and fixes.
Changes in Remote Control v3.1
- Now available as a standalone application (can run without any host application)
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly). These MIDI output messages work independently from the usual Remote Control outputs (it’s only for control surface feedback).
- Improved undo management and automation when using the mouse wheel to move knobs and sliders.
- Fixed VST3 version not showing in Cubase.
- Fixed VST3 version not loading properly in Ableton Live 11.
In celebration of the update (free to existing users), Blue Cat’s Remote Control is on sale for 39 USD/EUR instead of 49 USD/EUR until August 21st, 2022.