Blue Cat Audio has released an update to its virtual control surface plugin that can be used to control multiple plugins or MIDI-compatible devices from a single user interface.
Version 3.0 of Blue Cat’s Remote Control has a brand new user interface (fully scalable) and adds compatibility with recent systems (including native Apple Silicon). It also brings many new features and improvements, such as new skins with new controls.
Is the user interface of your favourite plug-in is not satisfying? Your favourite hardware device is too complicated to control? Your project contains hundreds of plug-ins and you would like to control them all from a single user interface? Do you need to undo/redo all of your modifications? Would you like to instantly recall all settings of your favourite MIDI devices from your DAW projects? If so, then this product was designed for you!
With Blue Cat’s Remote Control, you can choose any type of control (switches, faders, joysticks, knobs) or meter, assign a MIDI channel and CC number to each control, customize its response curve. You can also choose a built-in skin that suits your needs for every instance of the plug-in, or create your own.
Changes in Remote Control v3.0
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- New skins with new controls.
- Now packaged as a single plug-in.
- The plug-in now sends MIDI CC events only when parameters change or a new preset is loaded.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- New installer on Mac.
- Brand new presets management system.
- Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages (can be activated with the presets menu/MIDI Program Change item), or MIDI CC events for next/previous preset.
- Copy/paste the plug-in’s current state from the presets menu using the system clipboard.
- Full Unicode Support.
- Updated demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Now compatible with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.
- VST3 plug-in format support.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.8 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
The upgrade is free for existing customers.