Blue Cat Audio has released a free update for Blue Cat’s PatchWork, the virtual patchbay for plugins with built-in effects.
This new version includes 4 new built-in audio effects (reverb, harmonizer, wah, mute), many new presets and major performance improvements. It also includes a few bug fixes. This is a recommended free update for everyone (full change list below).
The update for V2 users can be downloaded for free from the same location as the original full version (link received by eail upon purchase). For users still on version 1, an upgrade link is available from the same page. For others, a demo version is available on bluecataudio.com as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and PC.
Changes in Patchwork v2.2
- Added 4 new built-in plug-ins (reverb, harmonizer, wah, mute).
- New factory presets.
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application’s bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins’ state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Mac: fixed crash in Ableton Live when hitting space bar while a sub plug-in window is opened.