The Blueface SC-5 is a compressor effect plugin that was modeled after the original 70s Blueface version of a classic and sought-after VCA compressor, the Ashly SC-50.
The SC-5 opens up a whole world of versatility: You‘re going for super gentle compression to sweeten the signal on your master buss? You‘re looking for a distorted, smashed-up sound on your drum buss? You want to tame lively and dynamic material? The Blueface SC-5 handles it all.
The full-blown set of parameters allows you to dial in just the right setting for your application. Yet it always maintains its own pleasant and characteristic tone.
Blueface SC-5 features
- Auto gain compensation mdash; The Blueface SC-5 is a fixed threshold compressor: More compression can be achieved by increasing the input gain. This will, of course, boost your signal’s volume. Drag the input gain knob holding the right mouse button and the output gain will be adjusted so the perceived output level will be approximately the same.
- Authentic circuit emulation mdash; Real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the circuit, including the custom VCA design, the detector circuit, the feedback compressor loop and the audio path have been faithfully modeled.
- SSE2 optimized code mdash; DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.
- Auto-adjusted oversampling for maximum audio transparency mdash; Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.
- HighDPI / Retina support mdash; Support for high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.
The Blueface SC-5 (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $49 USD until April 30th, 2017 (regular $79 USD).