BOSS has announced a new breakthrough instrument that fuses premium guitar features with advanced BOSS guitar synthesizer technology. The EURUS GS-1 electronic guitar presents a bold creative path for adventurous sonic explorers, expanding the traditional guitar experience with powerful and expressive BOSS technologies.
Born from this breakthrough approach, the EURUS GS-1 infuses a premium instrument with advanced guitar synthesis techniques refined over more than four decades. The guitar also features onboard Bluetooth®, allowing players to customize synth sounds and control multiple performance parameters with the convenience of wireless connectivity.
The EURUS GS-1 fully leverages BOSS’s vast expertise in guitar technology to bring endless musical possibilities to forward-thinking players. Crafted in Japan with pro-quality details and components, the instrument provides smooth playability and top-quality sound for any guitar style. And with the flip of a switch, players can engage a polyphonic BOSS synth engine to access a stunning range of analog-flavored sounds to launch their music into a new dimension.
EURUS GS-1 features
- Cutting-edge BOSS electronic guitar, crafted in Japan for bold sound innovators.
- Seamlessly switch between synthesizer and regular guitar sounds.
- Six onboard memories for storing different synth sounds.
- Premium playability with 24-fret neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, and offset double-cutaway body design.
- Two custom-designed pickups and five-way selector switch.
- Gotoh two-point tremolo bridge and locking machine heads.
- Independent ¼-inch outputs for synth and regular guitar sounds.
- Deep editing of synth sounds via dedicated app for iOS and Android devices.
- Onboard Bluetooth® for connecting with editor app and optional EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal.
- USB for system updates via a Mac or Windows computer.
- Synth engine runs on four AA batteries or optional PSA-series adaptor.
- High-quality CB-EG10 gig bag included.
The newly released EV-1-WL wireless MIDI expression pedal is a powerful creative partner for the EURUS GS-1, bringing cable-free external control to the synth engine via Bluetooth.
With the GS-1 Editor, parameters such as pitch bend, hold, filter depth, and more can be assigned to the EV-1-WL’s pedal, toe switch, and up to two external footswitches. Each sound can contain its own set of assignments, allowing players to perform octave bends on a synth lead, slow filter sweeps on a pad sound, and nearly anything else they can dream up.
The EV-1-WL provides wireless MIDI foot control for BOSS products like the EURUS GS-1, Waza-Air, and Katana-Air, music apps on mobile devices, and anything that can receive MIDI Control Change (CC) messages via Bluetooth MIDI.
USB and MIDI TRS jacks are also available for wired control of computer music software and standard MIDI devices. And with the free EV-1-WL Editor app for iOS and Android mobile devices, users can fully customize the pedal for their needs over Bluetooth.
The EURUS GS-1 electronic guitar and EV-1-WL wireless MIDI expression pedal will be available in the U.S. in October 2021, priced $2,199.99 USD and $149.99 USD, respectively.
More information: BOSS