BOSS has announced a unique and inspiring over-ear playing solution for electric bassists.
Equipped with breakthrough BOSS spatial technology first introduced with the Waza-Air system for guitarists, the Waza-Air Bass wireless personal amplification system provides a rich and immersive playing experience with dynamic 3D sound, premium bass-tuned amps and effects, and onboard rhythms.
All-wireless connectivity enables freedom of movement, remote sound editing, and the ability to jam with music from mobile devices via Bluetooth audio streaming.
Launched in 2019 to wide acclaim, Waza-Air forever changed the landscape for practicing guitarists, bringing immersive “amp-in-room” sound and feel to playing with headphones for the first time. Now, Waza-Air Bass makes this revolutionary experience available to all electric bass players, complete with a feature set perfectly tailored for their specific needs.
Waza-Air Bass features
- Over-ear bass guitar sound system with wireless connectivity, premium amp and effect tones, Bluetooth audio streaming, and sound editing via your smartphone.
- Advanced BOSS spatial technology and integrated gyro sensor deliver a deeply immersive playing experience with 3D ambience and dynamic sound localization.
- Five unique amp types and over 30 customizable bass-tuned effects.
- Play along with 10 acoustic drum grooves and an advanced metronome with 32 rhythm variations.
- Integrated BOSS wireless technology provides exceptional sound quality with ultra-low latency.
- Easy-to-use controls for bass guitar volume and Bluetooth audio playback, plus instant access to six user-configurable tone settings.
- Large, custom-designed 50 mm drivers deliver premium audio quality with rich, full sound.
- Conforming earpads ensure optimum driver performance for uncompromised bass guitar tone.
- Versatile two-way design folds down for compact storage or flat transport in the pocket of your instrument bag.
- Built-in rechargeable batteries with auto standby/wake function to conserve battery life.
- Up to five hours of play time with the headphones and up to 12 hours with the included WL-T Transmitter.
- Durable construction and metal parts with deluxe black chrome plating.
- Wirelessly edit, organize, and download tones with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unique onboard tuner function with audible tones that guide your tuning; visual chromatic tuner also available in the BOSS Tone Studio app.
- Control effects and more with the optional EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal.
BOSS has also introduced the CB-WZ-AIR, a custom carrying case for transporting and storing a Waza-Air or Waza-Air Bass system.
The streamlined design features a semi-rigid EVA shell and durable polyester exterior, plus a high-density foam insert with precise cutouts for securely holding the headphones, WL-T transmitter, and USB charging cable.
The Waza-Air Bass Wireless Personal Amplification System will be available in the U.S. in November for $449.99 USD, and the CB-WZ-AIR carrying case will be available in the U.S. in September for $29.99 USD.
More information: BOSS