Bram Bos has announced the release of WOOTT, an Audio Unit plugin (AUv3 audio effect) inspired by the infamous OTT sound.
WOOTT uses a triple band dynamics algorithm with simultaneous downwards and upwards compression, and adds a dedicated limiter to each band. It slams all the loud, dominant aspects of your sound and blows up all the subtle quiet bits that were hiding below.
Inspired by the infamous OTT effect, WOOTT provides a powerful kind of special sauce. The OTT phenomenon started life as a preset for a famous multiband dynamics processor. It was quickly embraced by the EDM community for its ability to bring out subtle details in electronic sounds and amplify them to their extreme limits.
Using this plugin, synth sounds can be drastically transformed. Particularly filter movements and phasing effects can be brought to the foreground, creating very distinctive, lively wows and growls out of otherwise very normal bass and lead sounds.
- AUv3 audio unit effect plugin.
- Universal (all iPads and iPhones supported), iOS11+.
- Runs in all your favorite plugin hosts: Cubasis, AUM, Beatmaker 3, Nanostudio 2, Garageband, etc..
- Multi-output (requires compatible host) for post-processing the individual bands.
- Low-resource, so stack as many of them as you like – “[WO]OTT all the things!”.
- Downwards *and* upwards compressors (a rare feature on conventional dynamics plugins).
- Smart soft limiter per band, adapts to its own band’s specific settings.
WOOTT is available from the App Store for $3.99 USD.
More information: Bram Bos