Cakewalk has announced Rapture Pro, a new virtual instrument for Windows and Mac.
Rapture Pro is a performance synth that combines algorithmic and sample-based synthesis in an intuitive design for musicians of any skill level—whether simply browsing for the right preset, thrilling audiences on stage, or diving deep into sound design.
Based on Cakewalk’s Rapture and Dimension Pro, Rapture Pro combines the best of both into a unified instrument. Whether you want a classic piano sound for a smooth jazz ballad, searing rock guitars, breathtaking atmospheres, or step-sequenced beats for EDM or hip-hop, you’ll find them all in the 10+ GB sound library of instruments, textures, and soundscapes that span all musical genres.
Rapture Pro adapts to the user’s personal workflow. Thanks to an intuitive new Browser, composers can easily find and preview presets created by top content designers from around the world. For performers, Rapture Pro’s Perform mode re-thinks synthesis to connect the studio and stage with fast, efficient controller mapping for real-time expressiveness. And for sound design, Rapture Pro’s Edit mode shines—the extensive layering and mixing capabilities combined with the ability to load your own samples, makes it easy to create authentic signature sounds.
New in Rapture Pro
- The ultimate fusion – layer synth sounds with real-life instruments.
- Redesigned UI – Bigger, cleaner, and more organized.
- Master your sounds with the improved Mixer Page.
- Dedicated Browser page for finding sounds quickly.
- Play on-stage or jam in the studio with the new Instrument Page.
- Assign up to 8 macro knobs and 2 X/Y pads to any parameters in Rapture Pro.
- Nearly 10 GB of carefully curated sounds from professional sound designers.
- Vector Mixer for creative, real-time mixing.
- 2-click MIDI mapping for quick, spontaneous controller assignments.
- Surgically carve out your tone with the redesigned EQ.
- Take advantage of VST3 technology with Rapture Pro.
- Load new and legacy expansion packs.
Rapture Pro will be available in late April 2015 for an introductory price of $149 USD. Upgrades will start at $79 USD.