Camel Audio has released version 1.12 of Alchemy, a sample manipulation synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
This update includes many new features and bug fixes including improved Cameleon preset import, playback position indicators for all editors, the performance octave switch remains active when changing presets for easy key switching between remix snapshots, equal power cross-fading between sources, increased zoom levels for some editors, improved skinning and numerous other improvements. This version of Alchemy no longer requires the main Alchemy key file as the users registration details are now encrypted and embedded directly in to the Alchemy binary file for improved security and protection.
Changes Alchemy in v1.12
- Improved Cameleon preset import
- Source editor playback position indicator
- Step sequencer playback position indicator
- MSEG playback position indicator
- XY-MSEG position indicator
- Octave control in perform stays active when changing presets
- Snap X in additive editor – now allows tempo sync of additive sounds
- MSEG views retain zoom level and position
- Randomize MSEGs and Step Sequencers
- Increased maximum zoom levels for MSEG and additive editor displays
- Menu option in spectral editor to set logarithmic scaling of Y-axis
- XY equal power cross-fading
- Alchemy key file is now embedded into the Alchemy component
- Remix pad numbers are now optional for custom skins
- XY pad background image is now customisable
- XY pad triangles are now optional
- Knob sizes in GUI skin files are no longer a fixed size
- Many bug fixes
Camel Audio has also released a new set of samples and presets for the Factory library as part of the Group Buy bonuses:
- Choirs, Basses & Keys – 500MB samples
- Viral Infection from Nucleus Soundlab – 1GB samples
- 150 new presets making use of the latest sample content
- Four tutorial videos illustrating how to use Alchemy more effectively
Registered users of Alchemy can download the latest update, new content and view the tutorials by logging in to their support account. A list of new presets sorted by category is available, along with a list of the new samples.
Visit Camel Audio for more information.