Cerberus Audio has released version 1.5.0 of the Volt Precision Fader, an effect plugin designed to produce smoother fades and more precise gain staging than is possible with conventional DAW faders.
The update incorporates major under the hood changes for improved compatibility, reliability and performance. This update includes fixes for several long-standing issues.
Volt’s massively enhanced precision and ergonomic user interface are intended to help recording musicians and engineers achieve unprecedented analogue-like results within the DAW environment. Artifacts which are common to DAW faders such as “zipper-noise”, audible stepping, and signal data truncation are minimized or eliminated. Volt is suitable for a wide range of audio production applications from tracking to mastering to live sound.
Changes in Volt Precision Fader v1.5.0
- Updated internal GUI framework from our Epoch plugin, which benefits compatibility, stability, and performance.
- Studio One: Improved reliability with track automation. AU version does not crash when loading.
- Text boxes: Corrected failures to write values to the undo history in certain situations. e.g. when the text box was the first control accessed.
- Text boxes: Fixed issues when the voltage or dB value text boxes were dismissed without changing the value.
- OS X: GUI animation runs at the correct rate in Ableton Live 9 and other formerly Carbon-based DAWs.
- OS X: Intel processor now required. Volt 1.1.4 which supports PPC hardware is available to registered users on request.
Volt Precision Fader for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available from Plugin Boutique for £14 GBP. A free downloadable demo is available.