Cherry Audio has announced the release of its original virtual instrument Dreamsynth, paying tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
The innovative design blends flexible dual-wave morphing oscillators, stereo filters, fully polyphonic analog strings, extensive and easy-to-use modulation, studio-quality effects, and MPE support, all in an elegant vintage-style synth interface.
Dreamsynth draws its inspiration from renowned synths including the Ensoniq ESQ-1, the Kawai “K” series, and the Sequential Prophet VS. In the second half of the ’80s, music production was rapidly transitioning from analog to digital. These “hybrid” synthesizers bridged the gap, combining the precision and flexibility of sampled digital oscillators with the warmth of analog filters. The combination of digital and analog sound produced instruments with character and a unique sonic fingerprint that still resonates today.
- Three dual-waveform oscillators, amounting to six simultaneous virtual analog or PCM sample-based oscillators with up to 16 voices of polyphony.
- Authentically modeled virtual analog waveforms, plus 430 looping, one-shot, and single-cycle PCM waveforms.
- Fully polyphonic 16-voice string synthesizer which can be layered and split across the keyboard independent of the primary synth.
- OB-style 12 dB/octave multimode stereo filters.
- Extensive and accessible modulation capabilities, with 20 mod sources and over 40 destinations, including effects. Routings are immediately accessible through our innovative interface with individual pop-up menus and invertible knobs..
- Three tempo-syncable LFOs.
- Arpeggiator with tempo sync, independently assignable to the synth and string sections.
- Fully modulatable effects include multiple distortion and sample-crushing options, a 12-stage phaser, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker effects, delay, and reverb, including our new “Galactic” reverb algorithm.
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls.
- Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) — Pitch, Channel Pressure, and Timbre — making Dreamsynth capable of more organic and expressive performances when using MPE-compatible controllers.
- Extensive online documentation covering every feature and providing practical tips and examples.
- A massive library of over 1100 presets from a wildly talented and diverse group of sound designers including James Terris, Katharine Fountain aka FOUNTAINS, Julian Pollack (J3PO), Julie Kathryn (I AM SNOW ANGEL), Huston Singletary, Mark Wilcox, Dave Polich, Joseph Holiday, Agent Method, and Venus Theory.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats and as standalone software for Windows and macOS, Dreamsynth is on sale at the Cherry Audio shop and from distributors ADSR Sounds and Plugin Boutique for the intro price of $39 USD for a limited time (regular $59 USD).