Cherry Audio has announced an update to its emulation of the Minimoog Model D synthesizer. Previously Minimode, the new build 63 of the Miniverse synth now features the ability to adjust the pitch bend range.
Miniverse was conceived as the ultimate tribute to the original instrument. We focused on a single principle: absolute authenticity. In association with DSP master and frequent collaborator Mark Barton (MRB), we studied and measured every nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio. Even the Miniverse interface is a meticulous recreation of the original, from the maple cabinet and textured surface to the unmistakable “Cosmo” knobs and switches. We avoided the temptation to add extra features, such as additional LFOs or effects, which might distract from the spirit and vibe of the classic hardware. Instead, Miniverse portrays the pure, raw, powerful sound and feel of the classic original.
Other changes since the initial release include:
- Fixed issue with global mappings disappearing from plugin versions.
- Preset-level MIDI mappings now load correctly when double-clicking on a preset file in Finder or Explorer.
- Preset-level MIDI mappings are no longer lost when restarting stand-alone.
- Fix for number of voices always changing to 16 at startup.
- Improvements to envelope trigger circuit model.
- Minor improvements to envelope attack and decay tooltips.