Kontakt Hub has announced version 1.1 of Chordscape, a soundscape tapeloop sequencer for Native Instruments Kontakt by Divergent Audio Group.
Version 1.1 includes some user requested features and updates, including start/stop playback using a keyswitch, MIDI assignment of mute keyswitches, an expanded range of re-pitch keys, and lots more.
The Chordscape ambient infinite tape playback machine was designed to create evolving modulated dark ambient soundscapes.
It is suitable for all sorts of different sound design scenarios and it comes with 8GB of sound designed content derived from acoustic instruments, natural recordings, sound design, outboard effects and synthesizers.
The unique feature of Chordscape is that it is designed to emulate a tape machine. Once you start the Chordscape engine running you can create movement by modulating and automating parameters as it plays. This gives incredibly unique evolving sounds that never stop!
Changes in Chordscape v1.1
- Start/stop playback using a key-switch (either colored Red or Green) at the bottom of the virtual keyboard. MIDI note 31.
- The Mute key-switches have been assigned to key switches MIDI notes 24, 26, 28 & 29.
- The range of re-pitch keys has been greatly expanded to now cover 4 octaves.
- When using the sound browser Chordscape now immediately starts to play the selected sound, no longer waiting for you to close the browser. This way you can audition sounds whilst the sound browser is open.
- Improved repitch engine.
- Keyswitch assigned to the sequencer Start/Stop button.
- Independent start/stop key switches for each sequencer track.
- Sequencer presets now load from disk.
- Additional 55 sequencer presets included.
- 200 brand new snapshots. Now totals 421 snapshots!
Chordscape for Kontakt 5.5 or higher is on sale for £60 GBP (regular £75 GBP). Prices ex. VAT. The update is available to existing users directly from their Kontakt Hub account.